Wednesday, October 17, 2007

New Zealand Police Annual Reportfor the year ended 30 June 2006
Presented to the House of Representatives pursuant to section 44 (1) of the Public Finance Act 1989.

ISSN: 1176-2497

The Minister of Police WELLINGTON

Pursuant to the provisions of Section 65 of the Police Act 1958 and Section 44 (1) of the Public Finance Act 1989, I submit my report on the operations of the New Zealand Police for the year ended 30 June 2006.

H BroadCommissioner of Police

Police Oath
I do swear that I will well and truly serve our Sovereign Lady the Queen in the Police, without favour or affection, malice or ill will, until I am legally discharged; that I will see and cause Her Majesty’s peace to be kept and preserved; and I will prevent to the best of my power all offences against the peace; and that while I continue to hold the said office I will to the best of my skill and knowledge discharge all the duties thereof faithfully according to law. So help me God.
*Note - They need gods help!

Police Act 1958
Police Vision and Mission


Police’s Vision is to build “safer communities together”.

Police’s Mission is to serve the community by:
• reducing the incidence and effects of crime;
• detecting and apprehending offenders;
• maintaining law and order and enhancing public safety.

Police Values

Integrity: All Police members are committed and loyal to the vision, values and goals of the organisation. They inspire trust and behave honestly and ethically.

Professionalism: All Police members are aware of the impact of their behaviour at all times. They maintain self-control, are resilient and present a professional image. They uphold the rule of law and maintain the guidelines, standards, policies and procedures set by the organisation.

Respect: All Police members understand that their role is to acknowledge and respond to our diverse society and to serve all people with dignity. In doing so they recognise the rights, values and freedoms of all people.

Commitment to Māori and Treaty: We are committed to being responsive to Māori as tangata whenua, recognising the Treaty of Waitangi as New Zealand’s founding document. By working with Māori we will enhance safety and security.

LOL... Yea RIGHT!